Monday, May 23, 2011

Desk before & after!

We have had a busy past couple of weeks! Our first Third Monday Trade Days in McKinney was a success! Between that and selling a few furniture pieces on Craigslist, we sold every piece of furniture that we had made! We look forward to next months Trade Days (June 17-19).
We are also looking at moving our work space into a warehouse space, so that will hopefully happen in the next few weeks.

We already have tons of great pieces to work on, but here's a before & after of a nice little desk we sold earlier this week. I hope the new owners love it as much as I do!

This little desk was $15.00 at a local thrift store. We were digging around in their back warehouse and I spied it from across the room. It had junk and a TV piled on top of it, but I knew it had potential.


We got it home and looked it over, it was a MESS! The contact paper on the top was at least 15 years old and had been baked on. After few hours of scraping and three coats of paint stripper, we revealed a beautiful solid wood top.



We stained the top a pretty mahogany color which complimented the green paint color.
I used Annie Sloan's Antibes Green Chalk paint, which at first was REALLY bright, but some wax toned it down and brought out the details.


Added some pretty fabric to line the drawers...


Added a touch of wax to the original knobs to make them look a little more aged...


And the final product...(displayed in our booth at Trade Days)

I LOVE how it turned out! It even looked great with that antique desk chair that Adam got from Craigslist (he sanded and re-stained and it looked amazing!)


One last look....











4 comments:

Tina@WhatWeKeep said...

Hi Lindsay and Adam!

I have mad love for Antibes Green! Don't you? I had to pop over and see your project and I love it...great job. It will sell in a second! My stuff is in my house, but I'm hoping to get a booth somewhere close by in the fall. Wish I were closer!

I'm going to follow you and look forward to watching you grow.

Tina

Sue@Uniquely Chic said...

Love when there's beautiful wood hiding under all that paint! This turned out beautiful. My sister is in Allen, TX...good luck w/ your endeavor! Painting furniture is a blast!!! Following along too :)

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love this makeover. Great job. I took a look around your blog. Keep posting, I'm your newest follower. Stop by and visit me sometime, we share a love for transformations.
Rosemary

Bonny@Spontaneousniceties said...

I love this desk transformation! It is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!